12/02/2014

Chapter 2 : House on the Prairie

It was an unanimous clamor.

Me, a genius?

The same person who has supposedly no talent in magic?
What are you talking abo... uwah!
The bear finished his ascension, he's here!! That's bad, real bad!!!
I immediately jumped down from the tree. My plan was too flee as quickly as possible after being on ground, but unfortunately I messed up my landing.
I twisted my ankle. I still could walk, but running was out of the question.

...So, that's the end.


I confusedly thought that I should try to kill myself by biting my tongue to death, at least it will be better than being eaten alive by a bear. The bear, descended from the tree, is approaching me now.
It seemed cautious, or maybe it was simply taking its time since I was unable to run away.
"Ne ne ne ne ne~"
One of the fairies was noisily poking me near my ears. She was together with other spirits, following me.
"Do you need any help?"
"Uh?"
What were they talking about? I couldn't immediately understand what they were saying.
"As---we---said---, do you want any help from us low ranked wind spirits, known as Sylphs?"
"You want... to help me?"
"Yup."
".......You, will really help me?"
"OF COURSE!"
The wind spirits nodded at once.
So these fragile looking creatures will be able to deal with a bear? I didn't think so. But I didn't have anything else to cling to.
"Please help me! I beg of you!!"
"Yup, no problem. We need to make a provisional contract now. Smoosh!"
Suddenly, the speaking fairy kissed my cheek, her tiny lips pressed on me.
"That's sneaky!! Me too!"
Five more fairies assaulted me. No, more like they kissed my face, my forehead, all at once.
'With that the contract is complete. The kiss wasn't on lips, so it's only provisional though."
"Uh..., yes..."
"Then, you need to shout the wind style basic magical spell <<Sylph Arrow>> to the bear. We will lend you our strength."
Spirit magic?
<<Sylph Arrow>>?
I was never taught that by my parents...
"You need to do that now or you'll be eaten alive!  So quickly! Point your finger to the bear and scream <<Sylph Arrow>>!"
"Y... Yes, I, I understand."
I pointed my finger in the direction of the bear.
And...
"<<Sylph Arrow>>!"
I screamed desperately!
"LET'S ATTACK!!!!"
While yelling their war cry, all six fairies body slammed like the wind the beast. Two of them got through the eyes of the bear, while one was hitting the forehead. The other three targeted its nether region, forcefully tearing it out.
The bear tottered in its feet, took a step back, and then finally collapsed. I cautiously approached it, but it was dead.

W... Wow...

With authentic magic, something like beating a wild bear is supposed to be really difficult. I think that oneself needs at least to be a magician in an intermediate level in order to do that. For my brothers and sister that would be obviously impossible, even for my parents, it would be quite difficult.
Some time ago, my father boasted about when he was just appointed as the local lord, and he had to get rid of a bear threatening the village. At that time, it took the combined power of my father and my mother and several shots to take it down.
"YA---Y!!♪"
I could see several little figures high fiving each other.
"Hey, you too!"
"........"
"Don't be so insensitive to the mood! Now is the time to celebrate our victory!"
While inciting me, the fairy took my hand.
"YA---Y!!♪"
All of their tiny hands slammed my hand.

******

I can't believe I'm flying in the air.
<<Levitate>> magic wasn't even available to a high class true magic user. And yet, thanks to the wind fairies Sylphs, I only needed to use <<Sylph Wind>> to float in the air. Wind fairies thus hold me, and I could freely move in the air, embraced by them. When I firstly tried it, I was so moved I forgot the pain I had on my leg.
Since that day, my daily life changed completely.
No, my life as a whole changed.

******

I began to talk with not only wind fairies, but also fire, water, earth, even darkness and light spirits. All of them were really surprised by my talent as familiar spirit user, and responded favorably to me trying to contract them. Compared to humans, I was much more at ease with spirits. I, who couldn't use my mouth well when around other human beings, was talking happily with fairies. I listened to their stories, and they listened to mine.
I was feeling guilty for betraying the vow I made with my parents, but to begin with, my conversations with fairies were in a place where there was no one apart from us.
Borrowing Sylph power; I could freely fly outside the village anywhere with no human presence.
My favorite place was approximately 30 minutes as the crow flies from the village. It was a prairie. In all directions, all I could see was greenery. And again, since the prairie was behind a mountain, it was inaccessible from the village, so the only human here was me.
My misanthropist self was pleased. Being enveloped by the warm and pleasant wind, while lying with fairies on the grass covered ground, was definitely the best.
 

Borrowing the spirit of the earth Gnome power, I made a house.
My house.
No, our house, me and the fairies.
It was a simple bungalow made by solidifying earth, but it was spacious.
It was sufficient to protect us from rain, but I felt it was still lacking something. It needed furniture. The straw bed I was using was kind of OK, but I missed the softness of the bed in my room.


And also, I needed a slave.
An obedient slave who can use magic.
I wanted a person that wouldn't betray me... No, again not a person, a slave.

----
raw
Second pass done with CNine chapter 3

Note: the title seemed to be somewhat related to the famous TV series Little House on the Prairie. :)

18 comments:

  1. thanks for the new chapter, hope to see more in next week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3<3<3 theyre so cute! "Ne ne ne ne"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he changes his mind.. Just a**hole have slave. If he had one, he s just as low as the ones he hates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This mc mindset is very similiar to naofumi from TnY and I think he wouldn't abuse the slave .... maybe

      Delete
    2. Humans hate him and treat him like garbage. Why would he trust them in turn?

      Delete
  4. LOL the mc rly hate humans...


    Thank you for the chapter ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the chapter. Also here is something that needs editing. "... several shots to took it down" took should be take.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This story seems like it will be interesting...
    Thank you for the fast translations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The link when clicking chapter 3 is just your chapter two, you two need to fix the chapter numeration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the chapter really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really interesting and my greed is getting the better of me T_T and hope u translate the other chapters soon and thank you for translating 🙇

    ReplyDelete